KMHT RADIO...The Heartbeat of East Texas! Serving Harrison, Gregg, Panola, and Marion Counties and Caddo Parish.
Centrally located, Marshall, Texas, sits at the crossroads of two major highways U.S. Highway 59 and Interstate 20. From Marshall it is 36 miles to Shreveport, Louisiana; 146 miles to Dallas, Texas; and 71 miles to Texarkana.
Blessed with enormous clay deposits, Marshall and Harrison County are a haven for potters and potteries. Marshall Pottery, America's largest manufacturer of red clay pots, operates a large manufacturing facility, store, pottery yard, demonstration area, nursery, and restaurant. Several manufacturing facilities operate in Marshall and the KMHT listening area, and Harrison County is home to a vast lignite operation. Find a Business in Marshall
The KMHT listening area is also home to the arts. You will find the symphony, visual arts centers, museums, and much more. Visit Marshall Chamber Of Commerce for a full listing of all arts agencies and museums in Marshall, Texas.
Higher education is a priority in the KMHT listening area, and we are fortunate to have so many opportunities for students to pursue their dreams.
- EAST TEXAS BAPTIST UNIVERSITY (ETBU) is a Christian liberal arts university with an average annual enrollment of 1200 students. ETBU is accredited to award associate and bachelor's degrees.
- TEXAS STATE TECHNICAL COLLEGE (TSTC) is a two-year state school that offers both Associate of Applied Science Degrees and certificates of completion in technical education.
- PANOLA COLLEGE Marshall Center is currently offering GED classes and much more. This fine community college with more than 50 years of educating East Texas students also offers classes in Spanish.
- WILEY COLLEGE is a private, four-year liberal arts institution affiliated with the United Methodist Church. It is the first accredited historically black college west of the Mississippi. Its average annual enrollment is 650 students with many attending from Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. There is a strong international representation among the student body. Wiley is located in Marshall, Texas.
- LE TOURNEAU UNIVERSITY is a co-educational, inter-denominational Christian university. LeTourneau University is made up of almost 3,100 students from nearly every state and more than 25 nations. The main campus is located in Longview, Texas.
- KILGORE COLLEGE Longview Campus is a comprehensive community college that provides many educational programs in academics, which include university transfer, Core Curriculum, and occupational and technical degrees and certificates.
- LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY (LSU) in Shreveport, Louisiana is a four-year comprehensive university offering outstanding undergraduate and graduate programs in liberal arts, business, the sciences, and education. LSU Shreveport is a campus of the statewide LSU System and currently has 4,100 students.
- SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY at Shreveport offers a wide array of courses designed to facilitate admission to four-year institutions, address the needs of the work force development community, upgrade skills in the latest trends in business and industry through credit and non-credit courses, and provide short-range training programs designed for the working professional.